Bluegrass in Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz bluegrass is a subcultural phenomenon that has its roots in the music of Appalachia. Much of the traditional bluegrass music and culture traces its origins back to the traditional music of England, Ireland, and Scotland, where the genre’s most common themes were first given voice. More recently, the Santa Cruz bluegrass scene has expanded to incorporate elements of blues, jazz, and country music.
- Music and Arts Festival Redwood Mountain Faire Returns June 2 & 3
- Santa Cruz Resident Patrick Perez Rides for AIDS/LifeCycle
- UCSC’s Brain, Mind, and Consciousness Society Opens Art Show at Felix Kulpa Gallery
- How to Savor the Strangeness of Succulents
- Preview: Sylvia Grape to Play Two Nights in Santa Cruz