Metal in Santa Cruz
The Santa Cruz metal music scene (also known as the heavy metal music scene) is the most extreme form of rock music expression in the city. Known for its amplified sounds and distortions of traditional rock arrangements, metal music invites the listener to go beyond the normal confines of rock music to express internal fears, rage, anger, and tragedy. The city hosts many live performances of metal music each week at both mainstream and underground venues.
Don't see the business you're looking for? Add it here
- Music and Arts Festival Redwood Mountain Faire Returns June 2 & 3
- Santa Cruz Resident Patrick Perez Rides for AIDS/LifeCycle
- UCSC’s Brain, Mind, and Consciousness Society Opens Art Show at Felix Kulpa Gallery
- How to Savor the Strangeness of Succulents
- Preview: Sylvia Grape to Play Two Nights in Santa Cruz