There’s nothing quite like swimming in the redwoods. It’s more liberating than swimming in a normal pool and less unsettling than treading water in the open ocean. There are no Great Whites in the San Lorenzo River, and the biggest risks are getting poison oak on your way there or maybe stubbing your toe. And even at its chilliest, the water is never as cold as the ocean is around these parts.
Posts Tagged: recreation
- Clutch Courier’s Cranksgiving Benefits Local Foster Youth
- Comedian Richard Stockton on Civil Disobedience
- Intro to OPERS at UCSC
- A Brief History of Kresge College at UCSC
- Y2K Live Looping Festival Returns Oct 17-24
- Does Older Really Mean Wiser?
- Dominican Zen and the Art of Healing
- Me and Janis Joplin
- Secret Agent Senior with the Go Game
- Santa Cruz Shakespeare Video Interview with Director Tyne Rafaeli